Designer Series with Mama Elephant, Friend Indeed

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hello! It's Nicole Gavaldon here with another designer series blog post featuring the sweet stamp set, Friend Indeed. I just love all of the Mama Elephant sentiment stamp sets because you can use them in so many different ways; and, with so many different stamp sets, too. What I love the most about this set is the large hand scripted 'friend' stamp. I think it's so pretty and I can image stamping this in so many different colors but on todays project I'm simply stamping it in black ink because of all the different colors going on the background. I thought it would be cute to make the sentiment the focal point of this card and so I thought taking a smaller image from the set, Sunday Stroll, would work out perfectly--and I was right! 
Lately, I haven't been able to make a card without reaching for my distress inks to do some wild and free watercoloring, and while making this card I used the distress ink colors, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, and Spiced Marmalade--on some Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock (my fav) and then die cute that out using a stitched rectangle die, and also used my favorite ME dies--the Femme Frames die set. I really can't get enough of that set I think it adds so much to my cards!
To finish the card off I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins, in the colors, Metallic Gold, Sparkling clear, and Pink Blush. I just love how all of the colors came together and I can't wait to make more cards and projects with this great set, Friend Indeed.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. It definitely turned out perfectly, Nicole! Lovely background and the stamp sets are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card. I love the friend stamp a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sweet card. Think I am going to get this stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |