Designing My Craft Room Part 1

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

 1. Roller Blind 2. Kitchen Cart 3. Curtains 4. Basket 5. Clear boxes 6. Table 7. Storage Combination 8. Glass-door cabinet 9. Floor Reading Lamp 10. Table 11. Drawer Unit
I'm so excited because I'm finally getting an actual work space! I will no longer be working in the living room or the hallway, haha. This is something I've wanted for a long time and the time is finally here. My business has been growing and my collection of tools has been doing the same. I'm currently working on one picnic table and one drawers system--and let me tell you it's not easy to work in such a small space but I had to do what I had to do. My brother recently moved out of our families house and yes it's kind of sad (just a little, haha) but on the positive side my sister and I get to share this large room and make it our own. I've already started the painting process and I'm still not done because I only get to work on the room when I'm not busy and these I'm always pretty busy--so operation 'fix the room' is moving at a glacial pace. 

I already know which things I want buy for this room and they're all shown above in the first image. I plan on purchasing a lot of things for this room from Ikea but I plan on buying the wall art from Etsy--got to support the handmade community. My awesome boyfriend already purchase one of the things on my list for me, and I was so happy about that! He bought me the Kitchen Cart (number 2 on the list above). Lots of crafters have this cart and I love it so much and I can't wait to use it. 

As far as the theme for this room I thought it would be nice to have a white and gold theme witch pops of really right colors here and there. I would like most of the work space to be white and simply have accents of color on the wall, like pictures of my tools, pictures of things I love, and art work by Etsians. I found a really cute calender today when I was at Paper Source (buying things I shouldn't be buying aka craft hoarding) and I found a really pretty water color calender that I'd like to get for this room as well. They're calenders are 50% off right now! I totally went off topic, but as you can see from the ceiling fan image above I've spray painted it in gold. I wasn't sure how it would turn out and before I did it I just thought if I hate it I could always just buy another one--it was previously all black. 

Right now the room only has the primer coat on, and my sister and I still need to apply the final white coat of regular paint. I can't wait for this to be completely finished, we still need to pick a carpet and purchase all the stuff on my Ikea list but I'll get everyone updated along the way. One thing I must mention is I never knew how expensive it would coast to repaint a room. Aye. 

6 comments:

  1. Super exciting. We will be moving soon & I will hopefully be doing a room makeover too. I can never go back after having a whole room (mostly) to myself. I am a very messy person and I need space set aside for that or it just gets all over the house. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new workspace. I have a decent amount of room for my workspace but I'm actively trying to improve it and make things neater. A dresser is definitely something new I have to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun!! i love having my craft space (which is now half nursery). now i'll have to come over and craft with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cart, thinking of getting it for baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy you! I have a craft room but not the energy to try and make it better. It's functional all right but not as pretty as I would wish for! I've been using old furniture but I hope that some day I will at least revamb them with some paint! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I can't wait to continue seeing the transformation. So happy for you that you'll have a great new craft room to use. I love all the idea picks you found, and I love the color theme you're going with. =0)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |