It's My Birthday!--10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I know I don't usually post on Thursday's BUT today is my birthday! I turn 29, ahh! I know so scary, I'm almost 30 and this is my last year as a twenty-something. I swear I don't feel this old. Sometimes I still feel like I'm 23 or 24. Time has gone by so fast but I'm grateful for everything that has happened in my life that has made me who I am today. I also thought it would be sweet for me to share some random facts about myself--so you can get to know me a little bit more. 

1. I absolutely love cats! (It's so funny how almost every-single blogger loves them, hehe).
2. Aside from being Mexican-American (born, raised, and residing in Los Angeles, CA). I'm also 3 different types of Indian--Aztec, Mayan, and Navajo (two types of Mexican Indian + one part American Indian). 
3. I love to go camping (even though I'm so afraid of sleeping in the woods overnight!).
4. I was on the Tall Flags team in high school. 
5. I used to play the drums in a band. 
6. I can also play the guitar, bass, and synthesizer!
7. I like to drive on the freeway at night--alone--so I can sing my head off without anyone hearing or seeing me, LOL. 
8. I like playing video games (but I'm super picky about the games I play, so I don't play that much right now--the last time I was obsessed with a game was when Halo 1 was released).
9. I love walking around alone in Downtown L.A., I like to stare at all the old buildings and imagine what it was like in the 20's and 30's.
10. My favorite meal is: Slow cooked beef, with creamy mashed potatoes, and Hawaiian bread. 

I'm so excited for my birthday this year. My boyfriend is taking me out and I don't know where. It's a surprise & I can't wait to have some fun in the sun! haha. Happy Birthday to me ;-) Thanks for stopping by! I'll take my camera with me so I can take some pictures of where we go and what we see!

19 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! The scary part to me would not be sleeping in the woods but walking downtown LA - yikes! I'm stopping by from Blogging Buddies.
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! I'll be sure to stop by your blog :D

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Nicole!!! Someone needs to make you a fancy handmade card :D
    I hope you have a great day with your boyfriend!

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bithday Blessings Nicole...AHHH 29 and the world of cards and crafts at your feet.You will go far!
    Have a GREAT day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! It's going to be an amazing year!!

    I drive home from grad school at night, so I love singing because no one can see me!

    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really one of my fav. things to do, LOL! Thank you for the best wishes! :D

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Nicole! Enjoy your 29th year to the fullest!
    Really? I think I'm more scared of the wildlife in downtown cities than the ones in the woods....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, my boyfriend always says the same thing! Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment :D

      Delete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! And you're not old, because after this year, you turn 25 (again and again - LOL)! It was great to learn more about you. You're so musically talented, AND you're awesome at crafting too! I bet there's so much more...Oh, and I love Hawaiian bread - Yum! Have you been to the King's Hawaiian Restaurant (because I've heard it's great)? Hope you have a great birthday, and you're gonna have a great year for your last twenty-somthing (er...before your 25th). =0)
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies
    2justByou.blogspot.com
    PS - You'll have to give us the scoop and tell where your boyfriend took you for your bday surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried King's Hawaiian Restaurant but I'm gonna check google to find out if there is one around me! I was so surprised by what he had in store for us that day! I took pics so I can share them :D

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! You're definitely not getting old. I turned 27 this year and I felt like an old lady but.. I realized that it is awesome getting older because you have so much knowledge and experience about life. You have experienced life! Far greater than being young and dumb. Have a fun celebration tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you're right! I wouldn't wanna be younger, hehe.

      Delete
  8. Happy Happy Birthday! Stay creative and you'll definitely inspire loads more people!

    XX,
    Jess
    Armed With Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww. Happy Birthday! It was nice reading a bit about you as well. :) Last year before 30! Make it count!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo gonna make this last year in my 20's last. Ahh! I'm almost 30, hahah.

      Delete
  10. Ohhh Happy Birthday - I hope you had a lovely time with your boy! Plus I also noticed how all bloggers love cats! Must be our awesome personalities hehe
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |