Card of the Week—Pregnancy Announcement Card and Lawnscaping Entry

Wednesday, October 3, 2012


I’m super excited to share this card I made for the Lawnscaping Challenge # 43, which is a texture challenge. I must use texture in my card—and I used a lot of it, LOL! At first I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do, but I knew I wanted to use my Cuttlebug and some tissue paper. 
When I had the idea of how I wanted to make this card I thought it would work well as a pregnancy announcement card, or a party menu card—where it can sit on the dinner table just waiting to be opened. I love it so much and I hope you do too! If you’d like to see how this card was made check out the images I’ve provided for you below:

The tools

Step 1: Cut ivory card stock at a standard A2 size and use it as a pattern to cut out 10 sheets of two toned tissue paper. 
Step 2: Fold and prepare into a mini pom-pom, and set aside. 


Step 3: Cut two pieces of baby blue card stock (with room for a boarder) then run through the Cuttlebug using embossing/texture folder. 
Step 4: Apply ribbon down the middle.
Step 5: Using white embossing powder create your message like so:
Step 6: Spray the pom-pom with perfume for a little extra sweetness (optional).

Step 7: Apply a large zot to the back of the mini pom-pom and adhere to the card. Next add the inner insert and you’re finished. 




I hope you enjoyed this card. I know I had a lot of fun making it :-D 

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I want to make one :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card, I really like the colors you used, btw they totally match your blog! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I had to quickly add another post cuz the matchy-matchy was making me to cross-eyed hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Super cute! I love the big pom pom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling!! I love it! The pom pom made the card!
    -Bridgette
    Newest follower! :) Follow back? bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I really ilke it - and thank you for all the photos and steps. Very helpful! I love the colors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, super stunning! I LOVE that flower!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and it was my pleasure :-D

      Delete
  7. Fantastic! And a wonderful tutorial for that gorgeous flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...your card looks so elegant... the pom pom, embossing effect, and the color, they really compliment each other

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love it! it's so completely sweet - the mini-pom on the outside is adorable, and then to see all of that texture inside the card is just "wow." thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena! Your comments means so much cuz your the best at cards!

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh! I really love the colour scheme and totally adore your tissue flower. It looks really amazing! I MUST try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this so gorgeous and sweet!! Love the tissue flower and the tutorial is amazing :) Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |